I suggest you ...

Have a style guide and/or sample transcript for the non-verbatim hit files.

Have a style guide we can download or sample transcript for the non-verbatim hit files so we can be clear on how to do them without fear of rejection or low ratings. Also have a specified grammar style, I noticed it keeps changing.

56 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

For new workers this would be very helpful.

• JessJess commented  · 

I know I'm late in the game but that and consistent ratings! There are times where I get approved and the one that I did after was immediately rejected. Most of the time my transcriptions are the same type so it's puzzling that this happens. Plus better communication. I get no one contacting me when I have questions!

• Anonymous commented  · 

Where is Priscilla? Was she replaced?

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, we need some support -- with a handy style guide, and answered questions on multiple speakers (A:, B:, C: etc.). And, why is it that some of us have so little access on the SpeechInk website? I get sent a comment by email from the one who checked my transcription, and yet I cannot find the copy of the thing anywhere on the SpeechInk website.

• Nicole O.Nicole O. commented  · 

I would also like a style guide for the video transcriptions: the goalposts seem to move on topics like "OK versus okay" depending on who's reading.

Feedback and Knowledge Base